Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tender Mercy

I was having one of those mornings. Nothing serious.... I just woke up tired and emotional. After I laid Blakely down for a nap I pulled out paper and crayons to entertain Tinsley so I could sit down and have a good cry for a minute. You know... just let it out so I could be done and move on. As soon as I sat down Tinsley announced that someone was here just as the doorbell rang. An unexpected visitor (other than my momma) was the last thing I wanted. Guess who it was? My wonderful Aunt Diane! I would have never thought it would have been her at the door! I was so happy to see her! I cried as I hugged her and told her she couldn't have come at a better time. I immediately vented and told her how my morning went. She was so loving and understanding. After that we just sat and chat. I kept thinking how it was truly a tender mercy from the Lord. He knew exactly what I needed and exactly when I needed it. I was reminded again that He loves and cares for us. He even cares about the "silly little things". If they matter to us then they matter to Him. I love Him for that! And Aunt Diane, I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

The Lord loves you!!!! I love you!

Aunt Diane said...

Seeing you and the girls brought me so much joy ...a true blessing for me. Hope you know how much I love and adore you!! Can't wait until we can get together again...love ya!

Leah Stowers said...

Catie, hearing that you had a bad couple of moments makes me feel better! Aren't tender mercies wonderful tho! The recognition makes all the difference!- Leah