Monday, May 9, 2011

Motherhood

With it being Mother's day yesterday, I have been thinking a lot about motherhood. I LOVE BEING A MOM!! When I was a little girl and was asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" My response was, "A mom." I am far from being a perfect mom but I try to never let a day go by without telling my children that I love them, teaching them something about the Savior, giving them hugs and kisses, and making them smile and laugh. I feel the responsibility of being a mother. There are definitely times that I get frustrated, impatient, and overwhelmed. But I know that just as we want to help our children, Heavenly Father wants to help us. I know that as we seek help from our Heavenly Father that He will guide and direct us in motherhood.


2 comments:

Holly said...

Cate, you are an AMAZING mom! The kind of mom that teaches and shows the rest of us how to be a great mom. Thank you so much for your example and for your cheeriness--it's contagious and appreciated.

I just love you and your family so much, I wish we weren't a whole country apart from each other.

Self-Discovery by Laughter said...

Cate you are def an Amazing Mother! I will be a stepmom but when i am a Mother I wish i was like you! you're life is your family and thats they way it should be! (with on occassion some time to yourself :) I love and Miss you!

Vicky