Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mr. Romantic

I have to say that my wonderful husband hasn't always been the most romantic... I once told him that I wanted a love letter for Christmas and his response was, "A love letter? From who?" No, he wasn't joking. Bless his heart. But I must also say that when it comes to holiday's and important dates (like out anniversary) he always takes real good care of me. But I love to hear him tell me what he loves most about me just as much as the other stuff. I think most girls would agree.

David took care of the plans for our anniversary last night. When he got home at 7 he had me wait in our room for a few minutes while he set up dinner. I was so excited to see what he brought to eat- I have a passion for food :) I came out of our room to see the delicious food from Francesco's- the MOST DELICIOUS italian restaurant ever. It was heavenly. David even got candles to put on the table. I giggled when I saw that he also bought the legit towel-like napkins and a tablecloth. Oh he's the cutest! Dinner was so fun- enjoying good food while chatting- just me and him. After dinner he told me to sit on the couch for a few minutes while he went to get the next surprise ready. A few minutes later he brought me into our bathroom where I found a hot bubble bath surrounded by candles- just for me! Come on, you know I wouldn't have shared this story otherwise :) More good conversation during that time- just sitting and talking to David is one of my favorites. Next, David pulled out these index cards and he said, "Let's take a walk down memory lane." Each card said something different on it... things like... when we first met, when we first hung out, the first time I thought I was going to marry you, the day we got engaged, the day we got married, etc. He went through each card and talked for a few minutes about each one. I was crying and laugh. It was so sweet. Last but not least, he gave me my present- a new handbag from Kate Spade! I love it! I've been trying to find the perfect green bag and now I have it. It is a beautiful kiwi green. As much as I love my bag I loved the other parts of the night much more. I can honestly say that! Don't get me wrong though... I do love my bag. I am totally bragging on my man right now but he deserves it after being so wonderful yesterday!



Oh and ps. I got him some new shoes and shorts- don't want anyone thinking I forgot about my man. :)

2 comments:

Jaymie said...

oo that david. : ) so glad you had a good anniversary my love!!! call me!! ASAP!

Evans Family of Three said...

what a sweet little anniversary. huge points for david!! loved the note cards he pulled out with your guys "firsts" memories. so sweet.