Monday, September 15, 2008

Today I turned on Oprah and after the first 2 minutes I had to turn it off. It was a show about child predators. I couldn't watch it. It made me feel sad, angry, scared and sick. I wished there was something I could do to help stop this problem. Tonight I recieved an e-mail from one of the women in my ward. Here is what it said...

Today I saw one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life. It was a show about child predators on Oprah. I am sick to my stomach as I write this and want to encourage you to help pass a new law to protect our children. The following link will take you to the Oprah site where you can search for your state's senators and send them an email, snail mail, phone call, whatever to tell them how important it is to pass this bill. I sent two emails to my senators in Virginia in under ten minutes including additions I made to the letter. I plan to send a hard-copy letter as well which will not take much time either.

We only have a few days. The bill goes up for vote on September 26th. Please use the Oprah link below which has another link to contact your senators. There is already a letter drafted for your use on the site. You can add to or change the letter as you see fit.

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20080911_tows_predators

Please act now to help this very important bill get passed.

Sincerely,
Denise

I was so glad to get this email. I have already sent two emails to the senators. It only took a minute. Please go to the link in the e-mail and do the same!

No comments: