Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

One of my most favorite things to do growing up was going with the family to get the Christmas tree. I remember all of us getting in the van to go get the perfect tree. I remember running through the trees out of pure excitement as soon as we got there. Running around immediately turned into Taylor and I playing tag while the rest of the family was looking for the tree. Dad always did find the perfect one.... so tall and full. When we got home I was back in the house running around (again from pure excitement) while the boys brought the tree in. Mom already had the tin cans of ornaments and lights out and ready to hang on the tree. Thank you so much mom and dad for always taking us to go the tree... those are some of my favorite memories I'll never forget. Well David and I have been debating whether or not to get a Christmas tree since we are headed out west for Christmas in few weeks... but we finally decided to go ahead a get one. I am so glad we did! Last night we went to Dollar tree to get all of the decorations and Lowes to get some lights. Then we went to get the tree. We were having so much fun picking it out. After going back and forth between a few trees we finally made a decision. The man wrapped up the tree and helped David put in on the car. We had such a great time putting up the lights and decorations. After we finished we sat on the couch and watched "Elf".
Here are some pictures from our night...



On our way....








At Lowes getting some lights








About to bring the tree in...






Our Tree


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Thanks for sharing your memories---those were some great times--so happy that you will continue on with the traditions in your family. Love to you and David. Mom

Tia J said...

Your tree looks great! Maybe we will just bring Trae over to see your tree then I won't have to put one up! Hey will you email me those pics you took at the game! Thx

us... said...

Tis' the season! Your tree looks awesome! Are you guys coming to Utah or just Colorado? We would love to get together if you are. Travel safe, we miss you guys!

Breezy said...

you guys look like you have so much fun! i love you cuz! hey so its almost a for sure thing, im coming to the east coast for new years!

Lindsey from The R House said...

now i am all pumped to get our tree this week ...and to document it!

Lindsey from The R House said...

also, i need your address. email me at lindseyredfern@gmail.com

LOVE YA!

Micaela said...

What a cute little tree! Mine and Joe's tree was a disaster because it was entirely used and had been hiding in Grandmother Thomas' asstic for years! It's funny though, we laugh about that tree and that Christmas all the time! It is a wonderufl memory! Merry Christmas!!!

Larsen Family Updates said...

hey! I love your tree...We are workin on getting that all done right now. Im trying to figure all this blog stuff out...you are going to have to show me how to make it all pretty and cool looking and things! I thought you would love me commenting especially cuz you asked me to! Love ya girlie!