Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sign language and Santa

I've been teaching Tinsley sign language. She knows quite a bit and it has really helped. She's even been signing in sentences lately. For example, she'll say "Mommy" and then sign the words "please drink juice" It's pretty cute :)
We recently took Tinsley to meet Santa. As soon as it was our turn I tried to hand her to him. I knew she wouldn't go for it but I thought I'd give it a try. She started crying immediately so I took her back and sat her on my lap.
When our turn was over I asked her, "Tinsley did you see Santa?"
She nodded her head.
"Wow! You did see Santa?"
She nods again
"That's so cool! Do you like Santa?"
More nodding.
I then asked her, "Do you want to go sit with Santa again?"
She immediately put her hands in the air and did the "all done" sign.
David and I had a good laugh :)


See how thrilled she was to meet him? HA!


I love this picture of her sweet little face after she left Santa and was safe in the arms of the one man she trusts :)


2 comments:

Janet Robinson said...

OK so I loved how ticked she looks when sitting with Santa. Haha! (By the way cate I love your hair cut)I also love the sweet picture of her with David. I put up my favorite pictures of the kids on the wall in my office and I think this one will need to get printed. I cant wait to see you in a little over a week. By the way things are going here you will have no trouble finding snow to go sledding. There is a perfect hill by our parents house that we used to go on.

Gage said...

haha she is adorable! and so smart! i LOVE that picture of tinsley and david, so sweet. are we going to see you in virginia? we'll be there until the 4th of january.