Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chicken Black Bean Enchilada Casserole

This is a super yummy recipe my friend Nicole gave me. I fell in love with it the very first time I made it :) We are having it for dinner tonight and I can't wait! Thought I would share it with you...


Chicken Black Bean Enchilada Casserole

3 c. cooked/cubed chicken
2 15 oz. cans black beans (drained)
1 7-oz. can diced green chilies
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. chicken broth
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
3 T. cilantro
1 chopped onion
1 lb. grated cheddar cheese
10 corn tortillas cut into ¼ s (white corn)

Set aside ½ c. beans. Combine meat, rest of beans, onions, chilis, soup, ¾ c. broth, garlic and spices. Layer 10 tortilla halves in 9x13 pan that has ¼ cup broth on the bottom. Cover with ½ bean mixture. Sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat second layer and sprinkle with remaining ½ c. beans. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

3 comments:

Kemp and Whitney said...

I love getting new recipes! Can't wait to try it!

Evans Family of Three said...

ok i am going to try this one out! it sounds delicious!!

Mandy said...

that was yummy! defiantly one to put in the recipe box! thanks for sharing