Monday, October 26, 2009

You know you've made an awful dinner when you have a conversation like this...

Me: This isn't very good.
David: It is good- I like it!
(He was just trying to make me feel good)

A few bites later...

Me: This isn't good at all! I don't think I can eat it anymore.
David: There is something kind of different about it...
Me: Yeah I know. What is it? It smelt great.
David: It smelt awesome. Looks good too. But there is something... I can't figure it out.
Me: Well I'm going to throw mine out. I'm going to throw out all of the leftovers too.
David: But there is so much left over! It seems like such a waste...
Me: I know, but you know we won't eat it.
David: Yeah I guess. I hate that we bought all that chicken today and now you are just going to throw it out. That chicken was expensive.
Me: Um babe, there wasn't any chicken in this.
David: Oh.

7 comments:

Janet Robinson said...

That is awesome! I needed that laugh today! What did you make? i hate when you go to the time and trouble only to have it not turn out. At least you still have the chicken!

Mandy said...

lol!!!!!! that's great!

Borland family said...

LOVE IT!!! What were you trying to make? We still have dinners like that, that don't turn out the way I planned.

Kemp and Whitney said...

lol that's pretty good.

Evans Family of Three said...

haha that is so funny!

The Lovell's said...

lol!!! Sounds like conversations we have at our house.

Mandy said...

LOL!!!!! He so totally loves you!